Writing An Outstanding Thesis: Step-By-Step Instructions
Different students have different subjects, different programs, and study in different institutes and follow different formats for their assignments in college or university. The process of writing a thesis is not only limited to writing and drafting only rather it involves tons of other things. You need to follow a series of steps to complete the process of writing your project. Generally, you can divide your project in two major phases that are planning and execution. You will find the details of each in the article below. However, it is important that you set goals for each semester and keep thesis writing a part of your priorities since the first day at your university. If you tend to complete the dissertation project in the last month or week then you would definitely stand no chance. You would have to perform certain preliminaries at your university to register and submit your assignment.
- The first thing you need to do is to come up with a general topic for research and define the basic scope of your work. You need to discuss with your professor and he will sit with other members to design a dissertation committee for your work. Once you design the basic scope and topic directions, you can go ahead and fill the implementation form at the university.
- The next time you see your committee members will be when you have a proposal for your work you want to address. This proposal will depict the overall scope of your work, identify the problem, propose a solution, argue why proposed solution is the best, and describe the research methodology you will adopt for writing this paper.
- Once the committee members approve your proposal, you need to submit the modification form at the university if there are any changes in the original scope of work. If you are fortunate enough to have the paper finalized without any changes then you can move forward with the project.
- When the committee members approve your proposal, you can start writing your paper. You will have the necessary information required to write your paper because you carried out research for the proposal and planning of your paper.
- Students need to stay in close contact with their professor or supervisor while writing their paper because that will help them stay in the right direction and reduce efforts and time spent on the project.